Have you tried to blog for your business but then stopped? Do you find yourself DREADING blogging every time that task pops up on your to-do list? Do you wonder WHAT IS EVEN THE POINT, Faith?
Well, I’ll be honest, I actually DO like blogging (English minor in college, so I suppose that makes sense). However, EVEN as someone who ENJOYS writing, I needed these tips and processes in my business to stay consistent with blogging!
10 Tips for Consistent Blog Content Creation
1. Realize that blogging for SEO actually matters
- One of the biggest deterrents to blogging consistently is not seeing any growth in traffic/ increased blog readers. Can I let you in on a secret? When you embrace the fact that SEO matters for all things on the internet- including blogs- you’ll start creating content that can be found AND is helpful. The shift in thinking is monumental.
Check out this blog: 6 Reasons Why Your Business Needs a Blog for more
2. Don’t Overcomplicate your Blog Content Creation
- You don’t have to solve all the world’s problems in one post
- I heard Jess Connley say once that “you don’t have to get all your people around all 4 bases with every sermon.” Now, she was talking about preaching a Sunday morning sermon, but the logic stands to reason in blog content as well. Even if you just get a reader one clear, tangible win per blog, you’ll be ahead.
- As you get in the hang of it, writing and posting a blog shouldn’t take more than an hour.
- What used to take me like 4 hours (seriously, when I first started blogging, it took me that long, no joke) now takes me an hour, and it’s WAYYYY better.
Grab my Content Repurposing Cheat Sheet, which includes my content creation template.
3. Make blogging part of your overall content strategy
- It doesn’t have to be the ONLY thing- obv I’m a fan of podcasting, k? But blogging DOES need to be part of your overall content strategy because it’s HARD, aka relatively impossible, to get organic search traffic to your website without blogging strategically and consistently.
4. Do your planning ahead of time and then just work the plan
- I don’t know how many times I’ve planned stuff out and then not actually posted it. I KNOW I’m not the only one
- But really, if you will just plan stuff out, create the stuff, and then work the plan, you’ll see SOOO much more growth and SOOOO many more people helped because you JUST DID IT than if you second guessed yourself or waited for it to be perfect.
5. Have your keyword research done ahead of time so you know what words you need to work into your blog content.
- When you’re in content creation mode or FINALLY have the time to sit down and write, the last thing you want to do is go look up keywords- especially if you are new to it and it still feels like torture.
- BUT if you have your keywords allll planned out and you’ve got your keyword spreadsheet handy, then all you have to do is look at it and go
6. Batch Work!
- Seriously batch working will change your content creation process for the better I promise!
- Batch working looks different for everyone, but essentially batch working is doing multiple tasks of the same kind all in one “batch” instead of piecing them out over time.
7. Women, try to write blog content in sync with your cycle
- Future episodes and blog coming out on this, I promise.
- But to put it plainly, in some weeks of your cycle (sorry dudes), you’re “wordier” than others.
- Creating blog content according to your cycle or just embracing that for your content strategy will REALLY help things just flow better and capitalize on your strengths.
8. Hire out your blog content creation
- Like really, if you JUST CANNOT, hire it out.
- If you’re looking for a GOOD blog writer, let me know. My team has a limited amount of blog content creation availability, but I am also working on expanding my network of recommended blog content writers.
9. Write blog content that you would find helpful
- Part of the problem a lot of people have is that they hate reading blogs.
- Honestly, I blame that on the cooking blogs and the tell-all-your-feelings-to -the-whole-world blogs
- If you hate those, IT IS OK! You don’t have to write like that! Write stuff YOU would find helpful
10. Book a coaching session or two and I’ll help you get your keywords NAILED down and your content planned out
- Seriously, not knowing what to write, which keywords to use, or how to work blogging into your overall content strategy can be such a deterrent to blogging strategically.
- However, when you have a great grasp of “these are my man keywords, and this is what I need to base content around,” then you can let your brilliant ideas STOP living in your head and start creating content that’s helpful AND searchable!
Truly, it IS possible to create high value, keyword rich blogs for your business EVEN if you’re a soloprenuer or only work part time. Using these tips, I have been able to not only create valuable blogs but repurpose them across multiple platforms. Take these tips and use them! And if you still say “HELLLLLPPPP, Faith” you can book a 1 hr coaching session and I will help you build out YOUR keyword strategy and plan blogging content.